What Does a Home Inspection Include
NYS Lic. 16000022933
Home Inspections are non invasive examinations of the existing conditions of a home, generally a home inspection includes.
Roof Systems Include
1. Roof coverings: Shingles, Gutters, Downspouts, Roof Vents, Penetrations, Visible Flashings, Skylights and Chimneys.
2. Exterior – When inspecting the exterior of any home we include any siding surfaces, eaves, fascia, windows, doors, trim, walkways, driveways, porches, decks, drainage, and visible structural components to ensure they are free of any major issues.
3. Basement, Foundation, Crawlspaces and Structures. This is where we differentiate between any major structural deficiencies, such as any typical settling and hairline foundation cracks.
4. Plumbing – We will make you aware of the location of your main water supply lines, fuel shut off valves, and the materials they are made off. We operate your hot water tank to insure its functionality, also we include toilets, sinks, tubs, showers, sump pumps and inspect interior visible drain lines and vents.
5. Electrical – We inspect electrical service at point of attachment, electrical conductors, electrical service masts, drip loops, outside meter channel and interior electrical distribution panel and sub panels. We test all electrical outlets, including exterior interior GFC outlets. We test ceiling fans, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, light switches, fuse boxes and any any visible electrical wiring issues.
6. Heating And Cooling Elements – We will inspect and verify the functionality of heating and cooling systems. We will verify locations of any thermostats, and functionality of hot water boiler systems zone valves.
This is just a simple list of items we inspect. There are many more items not listed in this summary. If you want more information or have any questions please give me a call 716 491 6179. This would also include home owners, and renters.